The Human Resources Management Office is part of the University Rectorate and falls under the authority of the Vice-rector doc. Ing. Mgr. Jitka Janová and is led by the director JUDr. Lenka Povolná.
We provide administrative, organisational, consulting and methodological activities in the area of personnel administration and human resources management. Our aim is to create a positive work environment and working conditions that are conducive to increasing the intellectual capital.
HR Development and Benefits Department
We are a department that was established in 2018 in connection with the need to implement a university-wide human resources development strategy. One of the reasons for its creation was the fact that we received the HR Excellence in Research Award, which the European Commission awards to research institutions implementing the HRS4R strategy. Our aim is to bring the university as close as possible to The European standards expressed in the European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers and to provide the most pleasant work environment for all workers.
- Creation and implementation of a university-wide human resources development strategy
- Creation of an institutional framework for the management and career development of human resources in accordance with the principles of The European Charter for Researchers
- Administration related to the European Commission’s HR Excellence In Research Award
- Effective adjustment of university HR processes
- Supporting activities for acquiring employees in accordance with an open and transparent recruitment policy
- Administration connected with staff training and development
- Benefits administration
We are responsible for the recruitment of new employees and we monitor the job market situation.
We look after the employees of four faculties, the Institute of Lifelong Learning and all Rectorate and University-wide departments.
We work with all parts of the university in applying labour and social legislation.
We work closely with the Labour and Payroll Department and the Payroll Accounting Office (these departments are part of the Economic Department, which falls under the Bursar’s Office).
We negotiate with Trade Union representatives and perform tasks arising from collective agreements in the areas of personnel and social legislation.
We fulfil the requirements of the Czech Social Security Administration, health insurers, tax authorities and job centres.
Our professional activities:
- Concluding employment contracts
- Agreements on amendments to employment contracts
- Terminating employment
- Work contract records
- Personnel file management
- Personnel information system
- Personal consultations with employees and expert advice for management personnel
- Administration of hiring people with disabilities
- Administration of occupational health services
- Administration of employee benefits
- Employment of foreigners
- Statistics and analyses in personnel and social matters
- Collective bargaining
Welcome Office for Foreign Employees
We look after new and current staff from abroad.
We help foreign employees with relocating to the Czech Republic and settling in at Mendel University.
We offer a helping hand in dealing with relevant government offices, institutions and the immigration department.
We provide services not only for our foreign employees but also for their family members and we offer guidance throughout their entire stay at Mendel University.
Your feedback to HRMO Services
Would you like to express your opinion on our services or suggest any improvements? Please fill in the following questionnaire: